Friday, July 11, 2014

This year in 5th grade

Well, I know what I have to work on for next year. 5th grade.....
Whereas most of my grades completed 8 or more projects over the year, it looks like 5th only got through 6, and I only have pictures here of 4 of them...
Almost all of the projects focused on some part of identity. My major problems with 5th stem from them being soooooooooooooooooo talkative and not working enough, and me planning projects that were too long and drawn out for them to sustain focus on. Add into that my interns usually want to experiment with this group because they are the only class that I see twice in one day, giving an opportunity for practice with one group before being observed with the second group.
So here's a look at some things we did in 5th grade this year:

We learned how to use rulers and compasses to make non-objective art. We also learned about analogous color harmonies:
 We learned how to make a tessellation and ho to shade values in colored pencil:
 We learned one point perspective and how to creat a sense of space through color, size, and placement in a still-life:
 We learned how to make a monoprint and use color for expressive purposes in a "selfie":
We also learned how to sew and applique a quilt square, but sadly I have no pictures of this.

Up for next year:
-more routines
-shorter/smaller projects!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment