Saturday, July 9, 2016

2015-16 in review: 7th grade

I'm going to leave this here to mark my past year with 7th grade. The curriculum is supposed to cover the art historical movements of the Baroque period, Romanticism, Neo-Classical, Realism, Impressionism, Cubism, and Surrealism. This year in 7th grade it was hard to judge which projects were successful or not because it was such a challenging group behaviorally. But looking back to when I had this group as 4th graders, 5th graders, and 6th graders they have consistently challenged my management skills. I wish I could pull a handful of them for a real art class, though. Because for all the challenging antics of their peers, I have a few incredibly talented students in this cohort who take what I have to offer and run with it in their own uniquely creative ways. "Can I...(try this alternative way of doing something)?" I hear once in a while.

Yes. Yes, you can. Go be an artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment