Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanks Kinders!

Yes, it's a hand, but it's NOT a hand turkey! My Kinders combined a bunch of different skills in this project. Painting lines instead of drawing them was a fun challenge.
 Careful coloring between lines instead of scribbling. We're not 4 years old anymore!!
 Using scissors in the art room for the first time and learning to cut around shapes was a HUGE challenge.
 The kids were asked to draw something they were thankful for inside their hand. So many stick figures! Guess we need a people-drawing tutorial soon.
Kindergarten amazes me in its range of skill levels. I have kids who paint, color, and cut skillfully, and others who have a hard time controlling paint brushes, crayons, scissors, and glue.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm tremendously grateful for all the wonderful children who walk through my door excited to try new things or get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment